Re: Viewing old video? alternative to xine?
- Reply: Tomek CEDRO : "Re: Viewing old video? alternative to xine?"
- In reply to: Tomek CEDRO : "Re: Viewing old video? alternative to xine?"
- Go to: [ bottom of page ] [ top of archives ] [ this month ]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2025 01:25:59 UTC
Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info> wrote: > > I'm having trouble playing some old video clips with xine-0.99.14_5 > > on 14.2-RELEASE-p1 > > kdenlive handles all of the below just fine, but I'm looking for a > > simple player to use to help catalog before editing. > > VLC usually plays anything even broken files, it has console interface > too, and supports various outputs, I even used this to live stream. > MPV may not have as big codec coverage as vlc but can play in console > using drm. Thanks! Will give it a try. Hmm why would adding vlc cause ImageMagik and kdenlive to be removed. Not updated, but removed. I can see this may cause a lot of churn.