Re: A simpler question

From: Alex Protasenko <alex_at_protasenko.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 23:15:51 UTC
It's probably gtk/fontconfig issue. See if there's anything in
~/.config/fontconfig/ and try moving it out of the way.

In my case thunderbird will show color unicode chars if either
'twemoji-color-font-ttf' or 'noto-emoji' are installed. They would look
a little different depending on which one is installed, and it would
prefer noto-emoji if both are there. Otherwise will show blank.

Mousepad shows them only when noto-emoji is installed, no show for other
emoji fonts

Firefox has it's own bundled in
/usr/local/lib/firefox/fonts/TwemojiMozilla.ttf. So might as well copy
this file into ~/.fonts/ and see if that's going to help...