Re: Fwd: GSOC Network Configuration Libraries

From: Joseph Mingrone <jrm_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 02:28:56 UTC
Hi Hanwen,

It's great to hear from potential GSoC contributors already running
FreeBSD.  And, It sounds like you're on the right track by starting
early and contacting Allan, the proposed mentor.  It's important that
you two discuss the project early on to ensure everyone's expectations
align.  You should cover key points, such as required skills, project
difficulty, and duration.  Allan may also recommend some ways you could
explore the project more, such as investigating some related bugs.

If you both decide that this is something you want to spend your summer
on, this page has some tips for writing a good proposal.

https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/writing-a-proposal

You probably found it already, but we also have information about
FreeBSD and GSoC at https://www.freebsd.org/projects/summerofcode/.

Feel free to post any technical questions about the project here, or
contact soc-admins@FreeBSD.org with any other questions about the
FreeBSD GSoC application process.

Kind regards,

Joe