Re: How to add -listen tcp to Xorg

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 07:07:36 UTC
On Mon, 4 Mar 2024 07:53:55 +0200
Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> thanks to all of you!
>
> adding -listen tcp to /usr/local/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers did it, and both worked
> 	:0 local /usr/local/bin/X -terminate -listen tcp :0
> or
>         :0 local /usr/local/bin/X -terminate :0 -listen tcp
>
> btw, LISTEN in xdm is another thing, it?s about listening for XDMCP requests.
> we used it way back in the days of the VAX and Xterminals  - i'm giving away the fact that
> i'm an old fart :-)
> thanks again,
> 	danny

I'm an old fart too :)  But we used serial terminals to talk to the VAX
when I was doing UNIX development in Berkeley and Munich for UniSoft (now
long dead - RIP) from 1984 to 1989.

Xterminals were used at one of the german companies I worked at in Munich.
I also had a few at home.  They were useful, but it's much more convenient
to have the Xserver runniing on a GPU IMHO.

--
Gary Jennejohn