Re: GPU programming?

From: Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 20:36:40 UTC
On Sun, Feb 4, 2024 at 11:21 PM Steve Kargl <
sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> Is anyone aware of work towards GPU programming on FreeBSD?
>
> Here, I am not interested in using a GPU while playing a
> video game or rendering graphics on a video monitor.  I'm
> interested in offloading single and double precision
> floating-point computations to a GPU via OpenACC or OpenMP
> (ala HPC).
>
> Although using a high-end AMD Instinct MI300 would be great,
> I'm looking for something a bit more affordable such as an
> AMD RX 6700 XT.  AFAICT, this may require either porting
> AMD ROCm software to FreeBSD or running it under the
> linuxlator.
>
> https://www.amd.com/en/products/software/rocm.html
>
> --
> Steve

If you search

GPU programming

in all of Github , you may get  1.8k results .

A Google search is also useful :

https://www.google.com/search?q=GPU+programming&sca_esv=8cd01c0eb9e4bd98&sxsrf=ACQVn0-hf1I29ds68J-H82jhzUaYKKBomw%3A1707078684290&source=hp&ei=HPS_ZaG-D-2_xc8Pne2tsAo&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZcACLL5JyxgL0gJp1U0IaVFZYAR0N2hI&ved=0ahUKEwihvNDUw5KEAxXtX_EDHZ12C6YQ4dUDCA0&uact=5&oq=GPU+programming&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6Ig9HUFUgcHJvZ3JhbW1pbmcyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAESLbOAVAAWMm9AXABeACQAQCYAZ4BoAGQDqoBBDAuMTa4AQPIAQD4AQHCAgoQIxiABBiKBRgnwgIEECMYJ8ICBRAuGIAE&sclient=gws-wiz
GPU programming

With my best wishes for all .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk