GPU programming?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 19:02:38 UTC
Is anyone aware of work towards GPU programming on FreeBSD?

Here, I am not interested in using a GPU while playing a
video game or rendering graphics on a video monitor.  I'm
interested in offloading single and double precision
floating-point computations to a GPU via OpenACC or OpenMP
(ala HPC).

Although using a high-end AMD Instinct MI300 would be great,
I'm looking for something a bit more affordable such as an
AMD RX 6700 XT.  AFAICT, this may require either porting
AMD ROCm software to FreeBSD or running it under the
linuxlator.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/software/rocm.html

--
Steve