Re: keeping old php74 in poudriere

From: Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd_at_quip.cz>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 16:46:08 UTC
On 22/02/2023 14:52, void wrote:

> On the default tree, MOVED had to be zeroed (or otherwise edited for
> php74).
> If this isn't done, the build will complain loudly then stop.

Yes, I forgot about MOVED!

> The overlay tree has been set up as you've said. A simple script updating
> the ports tree (for default) automatically zeroes MOVED
>> Then you can bulk build everything you have listed in "php74" (you can
>> name the file different).
>> Use you correct names for -j, -z and -p.
>
> The line running the build here is
> poudriere bulk -j 123R-php74 -O sccache -O php74 -f ~/123R-php74-ports.txt
>
> I've never understood -z (then again, haven't (yet) needed it).

If you use poudriere for one package set (resulting repository), then
you don't need to use -z, but we are building about 7 different lists of
ports for 2 ports branches and in the time of major OS upgrade for 2
different FreeBSD versions (11.x and 12.x for example)

-z is used for pulling the right configuration for the right package
set. You need different make.conf and options if you want to build one
package set with default MariaDB version 10.5 and the second with 10.6.
You can see more in "man poudriere" section CUSTOMIZATION

for example:
            /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/<tree>-<setname>-options
            /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/<setname>-options

            /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf
            /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/<setname>-make.conf
            /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/<tree>-<setname>-make.conf

Kind regards
Miroslav Lachman