Re: keeping old php74 in poudriere

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 13:52:03 UTC
Hello Miroslav, thank you for replying.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 08:24:52PM +0100, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

>It depends on how long you will to support it and if you just want to
>build fixes for vulnerable ports or you want to have everything new
>except PHP 7.4.

Yes, needed everything new apart from php74. The upgrade to php80
and then to php81 has to be managed carefully for this instance.

>I needed to keep PHP 5.6 in the past so I forked the latest ports tree
>with PHP 5.6 and merged fixes for individual ports from time to time
>(like newer version of Apache, fixed version of cURL etc.). This works
>well for a relatively long time.

I was considering this but it looks like a lot of work

>If you need everything new and just an old PHP 7.4, you can use
>overlays. Overlay directory will contain only the ports you want to add
>(and probably Mk/bsd.default-versions.mk + Mk/Uses/php.mk

On the default tree, MOVED had to be zeroed (or otherwise edited for php74).
If this isn't done, the build will complain loudly then stop.

The overlay tree has been set up as you've said. A simple script updating
the ports tree (for default) automatically zeroes MOVED

>Then you can bulk build everything you have listed in "php74" (you can
>name the file different).
>Use you correct names for -j, -z and -p.

The line running the build here is
poudriere bulk -j 123R-php74 -O sccache -O php74 -f ~/123R-php74-ports.txt

I've never understood -z (then again, haven't (yet) needed it).

thanks again,