Re: cross build toolchains for mc68000

From: Hans Ottevanger <hans_at_beastielabs.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 15:10:24 UTC
On 10/8/22 16:01, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 8, 2022 at 3:47 PM Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>>
>> AFAIK gcc dropped this support so find out what version still supported
>> 68k and download sources and simply compile it from scratch.
>>
>> For sure there are support for Amiga hunk and Atari prg executable format
>
> Thanks Wohciech :-) I would like to port NuttX RTOS as Atari TOS and
> Amiga Kickstart replacement one day.. as for now I am researching
> toolchains on FreeBSD as NuttX is close to 11.0 release :-)

There were plans to drop m68k support in GCC version 11 if certain
required changes were not made. Someone made those changes, so after all
  m68k support remained and is present and working, even in GCC 12.
However, the number of readily available host/target combinations for
cross compiling is quite limited these days, so you will be mostly on
your own there.

I made a cross development environment for Minix-68k (mostly Atari ST
and TT), hosted on FreeBSD, but also working on Linux and Mac. Maybe you
could use that as a starting point. It currently works up to GCC 12.2,
for C, C++ and Fortran. See http://www.beastielabs.net/crossdev.html.

If you need further discussion, you can contact me off-list.

--
Kind regards,

Hans Ottevanger

Eindhoven, Netherlands