Re: After ogin/assword characters typed are munched away until prompt?

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 21:55:18 UTC
Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote in
 <91827rpq-6o4r-os1-61r1-ppo7son174rs@mnoonqbm.arg>:
 |Hi,
 |
 |it's been bothering for ages just never wrote the email and I find it
 |lately when using serial consoles (bhyve nmdm or physical often over USB)
 |a lot.
 |
 |In the old days you would enter username and password and keep typing
 |your first command and it would work.
 |
 |These days everything I type after password<enter> before I get my
 |prompt (rough estimate) while motd is scrolling .. is lost.
 |
 |I often find myself with half a command name "not found".
 |
 |Where are those characters lost to (or thrown away) that are typed in?

They are likely discarded in a mode-switch drain?
I once had an user report which, granted, is userspace, fix was

  +                  /* As a special case, simulate EOF via EOT (which can happen
  +                   * via type-ahead as when typing "yes\n^@" during sleep of
  +                   *    $ sleep 5; mail -s byjove $LOGNAME */
  +                  if(*cbufp == '\0' && (n_psonce & n_PSO_INTERACTIVE) &&
  +                        !(n_pstate & n_PS_ROBOT))
  +                     *cbuf = '\x04';

 |Anyone any ideas?

Other than that not.

--steffen