After ogin/assword characters typed are munched away until prompt?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 21:20:15 UTC
Hi,

it's been bothering for ages just never wrote the email and I find it
lately when using serial consoles (bhyve nmdm or physical often over USB)
a lot.

In the old days you would enter username and password and keep typing
your first command and it would work.

These days everything I type after password<enter> before I get my
prompt (rough estimate) while motd is scrolling .. is lost.

I often find myself with half a command name "not found".

Where are those characters lost to (or thrown away) that are typed in?

Anyone any ideas?

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7