Crypto Donations (was: Re: What is the status of the FreeBSD development process now?)

From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd_at_m5p.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 03:51:47 UTC
On 11/3/22 23:45, grarpamp wrote:
> [...]
> Unfortunately FreeBSD still does not
> accept any donations via cryptocurrency.
> Nor has FreeBSD community yet participated in any
> crypto crowd funded code dev/bug/doc etc bounties.
> The world is moving there, others are already making
> good use of them, best get on that, have fun :)
Honestly, this seems to me simply to be good policy on the part of
the foundation (not accepting donations via crypto).  There's no
apparent benefit as far as I can see, and the extreme volatility of
all existing cryptocurrencies by itself strikes me as an excellent
reason to continue the current policy.                    -- George