Please advice on applying GSoC

From: Soichiro Ueda <the.latticeheart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:49:39 UTC
Hi! I'm Soichiro Ueda, a university student from Japan.

I'm thinking of participate in GSoC. I'm interested in the idea of eBPF
XDP Hooks.
Before submitting a proposal, I'm planning to send a patch to understand
the source code of FreeBSD, and the idea.
But I'm wondering what tasks should I tackle. Do you have any ideas?

Biography
I'm a junior in Kyoto University. I major in Compurter Scienece.
I've worked for some internships as a software engineer. Now I work in a
startup, developing a SaaS which automates quotation work in
international logistics.

Talking about experiences related to this GSoC project,

I've developed a NIC driver from scratch for MikanOS, which is an
operating system targeting x86_64 for people who learn operating system
development.
I've implemented protocols of Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP for MikanOS, and
I've successed to send ping requests to servers in the Internet and
receive responses.

I've made a processor using Verilog and FPGA for practical in the
university.

Now I learn operating systems by reimplementing MikanOS.

MikanOS: https://github.com/uchan-nos/mikanos
My work of MikanOS network: https://github.com/Saza-ku/mikanos-nic/tree/nic