Re: FOSDEM 2022 Valgrind

From: Pau Amma <pauamma_at_gundo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 16:50:44 UTC
On 2022-01-31 10:51, Paul Floyd wrote:
>> On 31 Jan 2022, at 02:37, Pau Amma <pauamma@gundo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Because timely accessibility matters: regardless of closed captions
>> (you *are* providing close captions, right?), will you make a text
>> equivalent available at the same time so anyone who needs or prefers
>> to use that can take part meaningfully in discussion?
>
> I just enquired, and no, there are no subtitles.

Thanks for checking. As it happens, I can't make use of them much more
than of speech, but for people who need them, that's extremely
disheartening news. :-(

> I have uploaded the slides (Keynote and PowerPoint [+ PDF but without
> speaker notes]) but my notes are fairly sparse, mainly just reminders
> to prompt me.

Thanks. (Are you speaking of the attachments links to
https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/valgrind_freebsd/ ?)

> Do you have any preferred format for a transcription? (It’ll take a
> while to transcribe. Keynote or a text file would be easiest for me,
> plus whatever formats I can convert Keynote to.

UTF-8 plain text is fine. (I can use English or French, and maybe and
with more effort Tagalog or Modern Greek.) In case you need it, there
seems to be a way to convert Keynote files to PDF documents, per
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202220, but I can't vouch for it.