Re: Can not build kernel on 1GB VM *Solved*

From: Michael Wayne <freebsd07_at_wayne47.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 17:33:33 UTC
On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 01:49:53PM -0400, Michael Wayne wrote:
> I have a VM with 1GB RAM running FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p3
>
> I'm trying to upgrade the machine to 12.3 and having swap failures.

I tried a number of things, all of which failed.

Since the offending line is:

>    ctfmerge -L VERSION -g -o kernel.full ...

I went digging through makefiles and found:
   MK_CTF=no

Adding this to the command line permitted the build to complete and
the machine is now running on the new kernel. Hopefully this helps
others. I'm still not sure why the kernel refused to use swap but
this is a very easy to duplicate issue.