Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon_at_dec.sakura.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 13:41:34 UTC
On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 10:53:47 +0100
Daniel Engberg <daniel.engberg.lists@pyret.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few projects that I think would be beneficial
>
> * Native exFAT and F2FS support, I think someone (with a FreeBSD hat)
> already expressed interest in adding exFAT support to FreeBSD 14

At least exFAT support would need to be on ports even when implememted
as non-fuse filesystem, as of patent issue, unless MS grants unlimited
right to publish.

> * Better documentation for the iflib network driver framework
> * ARM "CPU cluster" support, both big.LITTLE awareness and support for
> running at different clockspeeds
>    I'm not sure if there could be some generic framework as we're
> starting to see this on x86 too (Intel 12th Gen)

Implementation of NUMA support could be a good start point.
From resource management view, it would be non-uniform process (or
processor, instead) allocation. Just an idea, though.

--
Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>