Re: Call for Foundation-supported Project Ideas

From: Daniel Engberg <daniel.engberg.lists_at_pyret.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 09:53:47 UTC
Hi,

A few projects that I think would be beneficial

* Native exFAT and F2FS support, I think someone (with a FreeBSD hat)
already expressed interest in adding exFAT support to FreeBSD 14
* Better documentation for the iflib network driver framework
* ARM "CPU cluster" support, both big.LITTLE awareness and support for
running at different clockspeeds
   I'm not sure if there could be some generic framework as we're
starting to see this on x86 too (Intel 12th Gen)
* Better documentation for ARM/ARM64 devices, it's even hard for devs to
figure out how to get boards booting despite being supported like the
Macchiato/Espressobin or how to "convert" existing images to other
supported boards which do not have a separate image.
   Right now most information is scattered on the wiki and mailinglist
and it's hard to find the most recent information.
* Support Ryzen ECC memory status and reporting (what Linux refers to as
EDAC)

Best regards,
Daniel