Re: nvidia_drv.so/Xorg crashes

From: Craig Leres <leres_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 17:53:39 -0700
On 6/24/21 5:45 PM, Stefan Blachmann wrote:
> I'd suggest to ditch the packaged drivers (nvidia-driver-...) and try
> using the nvidia driver from the nvidia driver site.
> You have to build and install them according the README in the archive.
>
> The packaged drivers have some changes that are not approved by nvidia.
> This can cause problems, for example with suspend/resume.

Good idea. I downloaded/built/installed 460.84... and was able to crash
Xorg within 60 seconds of launching it. And looking at what the
nvidia-driver port patches, they seem mostly related to allowing use
without having the linux framework present.

On 6/24/21 8:54 PM, Fernando ApesteguĂ­a wrote:
 > Long shot, but libglvnd update affected x11/nvidia-driver. Have a look
 > at UPDATING 20210617

I noticed the switch from the bundled libglvnd to the port version but I
was having crashes well before that change (June 16th). Looking for Xid
errors in /var/log/messages I think I started having this problem on May
25th.

		Craig