Re: free space considerations writing bhyve image to a zvol

From: Ronald Klop <ronald-lists_at_klop.ws>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 13:42:37 UTC
You can test how much it will compress your linuxvm.img.

$ [/tmp] ls -l ./bla.txt
-rw-------  1 ronald  wheel  5242880 Oct 18 15:39 ./bla.txt

$ [/tmp] lz4 -c ./bla.txt | wc -c
   20604

So do "lz4 -c linuxvm.img | wc -c" and it will print about the size of the zvol you need.

NB: What keeps you from just trying to write it to the zvol and see if it works?

Regards,
Ronald,