Re: speeding up zfs send | recv (update)

From: Freddie Cash <fjwcash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 21:43:24 UTC
[Sorry for top part, GMail sucks for replies.]

If this is a LAN or private WAN where you trust the network, piping the
send stream through netcat will remove ssh from the equation.

That's what we switched to using once it became almost impossible to get
the "none" cipher working with ssh on FreeBSD.

We use ssh to connect to the remote server and enable a netcat listener on
port X, then pipe the send through netcat to the remote system on port X.
That way it's logged and uses ssh for authentication.

We easily saturate gigabit links between our ZFS systems using netcat.

Cheers,
Freddie

Typos due to smartphone keyboard.