Re: ZFS on high-latency devices

From: George Michaelson <ggm_at_algebras.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 23:39:44 UTC
I don't want to abuse the subject line too much, but I can highly
recommend the mbuffer approach, I've used this repeatedly, BSD-BSD and
BSD-Linux. It definitely feels faster than SSH, since the 'no cipher'
options were removed, and in the confusion of the HPC buffer changes.
But, its not crypted on-the-wire.

Mbuffer tuning is a bit of a black art: it would help enormously if
there was some guidance on this, and personally I've never found the
mbuffer -v option to work well: I get no real sense of how full or
empty the buffer "is" or, if the use of sendmsg/recvmsg type buffer
chains is better or worse.

-G