Re: Killing the vbox alias, or making it something different

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 09:26:12 +0800
On 2021-06-25 05:51:06 (+0800),  linimon_at_portsmon.org wrote:
>> On 06/23/2021 11:06 AM Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> I am saying vbox is an alias for emulation_at_ and nothing else, why not
>> directly
>> assign to emulation_at_ then?
>
> Hmm.  I think it didn't use to be -- that it was an actual alias for a
> list of individual
> email addresses.
>
> Again, if it can wait for a few days for bugmeister to deply a
> mass-change-with-no-email
> feature, that would be nice.

I went digging through the mail-svn logs.

On 2013-10-16 decke_at_ requested vbox_at_ to be forwarded to emulation_at_
because he was the only active person left on the alias.

It sounds like the alias only continues to exist to catch mail for where
it's referenced.  Changing the references to emulation_at_ seems like it
was the intended way forward 8 years ago.

I'm sure we can wait a while for bugmeister to deploy their change,
mass-reassign and delete the alias.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps