Re: Killing the vbox alias, or making it something different

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 18:06:19 +0200
On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 03:40:37PM -0500, linimon_at_portsmon.org linimon_at_portsmon.org wrote:
> > On 06/22/2021 10:58 AM Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > I can't find a valid reason to have a vbox alias to emulation_at_ why
> > not make emulation_at_ the maintainer of the vbox software directly?
>
> I have no opinion on the matter other than to note that koobs_at_ and I
> are currently kicking around ideas about how to restructure assignees.
> We don't have anything firmed up yet.
>
> I guess I would say in _theory_ I would like to retain the possibility
> of assigning to aliases.  But I am not prepared to do any work to make
> it happen so I don't think my vote counts :-)
>
> mcl

I am not saying we should forbid vbox aliases, neither assigning to aliases ;)

I am saying vox is an alias for emulation_at_ and nothing else, why not directly
assign to emulation_at_ then?

The mailing list software deny all incoming emails where the mailing list
address is not in to or in cc field. (configurable, but I don't want unless
convince otherwise).

For now we have 3 possibilities:
- kill vbox_at_ and replace it with emulation_at_ which is imho the best in this
  particular situation
- teach emulation_at_ it can be named vbox_at_, but I really don't understand the
  point of doing that ;)
- tell the mailing lists to accept any incoming email even if not sent to
  emulation_at_ which I am really reluctant to do.

Best regards,
Bapt