Re: changes to ps -d?

From: Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie_at_catflap.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 23:58:59 UTC
Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@catflap.org> wrote:

> If you make "-D down" the default (as you suggested in a previous message), then
> we would be back to having the problem.

To expand on that, if a "-D none" option is added, and "-D down" becomes the
default, then from my personal point of view, that would be fine. I can
easily modify my stuff to add that.

It comes down to what Piotr wants to do, and whether you think there is more
disruption going back to pre-12.2-release, than there would be now you're
used to the new behaviour since 12.2-release.

As I was the only person who seems affected by the 12.2-release changes, maybe
the newest breaking change is the more noticable?

What I'm saying is that personally, I don't care, as long as the pre 12.2-release
mode of operation is available somehow, discussions on which should be the
default today are way beyond my pay grade :-)

Cheers, Jamie