Re: Freebsd 14+ -- tcsh incompatible with terminfo

From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen_at_sdaoden.eu>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 22:02:47 UTC
Jamie Landeg-Jones wrote in
 <202311010349.3A13nX1M094463@donotpassgo.dyslexicfish.net>:
 |Thomas Dickey <dickey@his.com> wrote:
 |To the FreeBSD release folk, I think it's great that we're moving off \
 |termcap,

Why?
(That is to say: why -- if it is a *real* termcap?  If it is only
a translation layer to terminfo, i am with you.  But otherwise
not, i think a real termcap is much, much smaller, while offering
anything a (simple) console program needs.)
That is not to talk small the efforts of Mr. Dickey.  But for
example the mailer i maintain *can* directly use BSD termcap if so
desired, and it works just nice.

--steffen