Re: Is the graphics on AMD A8-7410 APU (Radeon R5 Graphics) supported?

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 21:57:05 UTC

On 3/23/22 14:44, Chris wrote:
> On a releng/13 install. I've installed the drm-kmod and loaded both
> the amdgpu
> and the radeonkms (at different times). I also installed the xf86-ati
> driver.
> But X isn't happy with it. This is in a laptop with the A8-7410. It
> claims
> Radeon R5 (formerly Carrizo). I find no mention of it in the on the
> FBSD Graphics
> wiki, or any of the links from there. Has anyone set one of these up
> sucessfully?
> Is it even possible? If so, what must I do?

hey chris - what happens when you load the amdgpu driver via rc.conf?
does it load correctly, or does the system crash on boot? for example
what does "dmesg | grep drm" look like?

assuming it does load successfully i think you are using the wrong xorg
driver as the xf86-ati driver is ATI not amd devices.  Does loading
xf86-video-amdgpu work better?

cheers,
-pete

--