Re: iichid/hms keyboard/mouse wrongly reattached to uhid/ums

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:26:55 UTC
On 6/27/22 17:19, Ivan Quitschal wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Not sure if I found a problem here but here we go.
>
> Since I have a KVM usb switch here for keyboard/mouse sometimes I toggle it between my windows and freebsd.
> I am using iichid here to have my multimedia keys working on keyboard and all
>
> hw.usb.usbhid.enable="1"
>
> Im also using Wulf's moused
> https://github.com/wulf7/moused
> so far so good. Problem is:
>
> when I switch to windows , everything is detached correctly (hms, hkbd etc), but when I switch back, sometimes
> the keyboard and mouse are wrongly attached to "ums" device , not hms. (sometimes it goes to the correct one).
> Shouldn't ums/uhid modules be deactivated once hw.usb.usbhid.enable is set to 1 ?
>
> The workaround I did here was to manually kldunload both uhid.ko and ums.ko within rc.local during boot.
> This way I can detache attach the kbd/mouse back as much as I want and it always end up in hms/hkbd devices
>
> Is this how its supposed to function? Randomly choosing between ums or hms?

Hi,

Can you dump "kldstat" at the different times?

I guess it may be just be that the wrong module is loaded first, so it
grabs the device, because there are no other drivers loaded, even though
ums is a generic driver.

Try loading all relevant drivers in /boot/loader.conf . Then the attach
order shouldn't matter.

--HPS