iichid/hms keyboard/mouse wrongly reattached to uhid/ums

From: Ivan Quitschal <tezeka_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:19:28 UTC
Hi all

Not sure if I found a problem here but here we go.

Since I have a KVM usb switch here for keyboard/mouse sometimes I toggle it between my windows and freebsd.
I am using iichid here to have my multimedia keys working on keyboard and all

hw.usb.usbhid.enable="1"

Im also using Wulf's moused
https://github.com/wulf7/moused
so far so good. Problem is:

when I switch to windows , everything is detached correctly (hms, hkbd etc), but when I switch back, sometimes
the keyboard and mouse are wrongly attached to "ums" device , not hms. (sometimes it goes to the correct one).
Shouldn't ums/uhid modules be deactivated once hw.usb.usbhid.enable is set to 1 ?

The workaround I did here was to manually kldunload both uhid.ko and ums.ko within rc.local during boot.
This way I can detache attach the kbd/mouse back as much as I want and it always end up in hms/hkbd devices

Is this how its supposed to function? Randomly choosing between ums or hms?

Thanks

--tzk