Re: main-n254654-d4e8207317c results in "no pools available to import"

From: Dennis Clarke <dclarke_at_blastwave.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:35:08 UTC
On 4/12/22 18:15, Mark Millard wrote:
> From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:48:32 +0000 :
>
>> On 4/12/22 08:29, Ronald Klop wrote:
>>> Are you guys both using NVME or EFI? Just wondering if the common
>>> problem is in ZFS or some other component.

I will try to gather more information on the machine that actually
demonstrates the problem in question.

>> I just repeated this issue on the desktop computer that is used for my
>> weekly builds that get distributed to the other PC's in the house.

Excellent isolation test. I tried the same sort of process on a separate
machine to no avail. I was not using NVME storage. I was using a brand
new Samsung SSD and you can see that listed in the output :

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-current/2022-April/001759.html

     * * * *  the above should be considered a red herring * * * *

That machine simply worked as expected. Slight surprise but then again
no one else was seeing this issue.  Until Thomas Laus also caught it :

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-current/2022-April/001761.html

So we have at least two examples in the wild.

I will focus on the problem case I have and try to get better
information. Somehow.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC