Re: main-n254654-d4e8207317c results in "no pools available to import"

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 22:15:05 UTC
From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 15:48:32 +0000 :

> On 4/12/22 08:29, Ronald Klop wrote:
> > Are you guys both using NVME or EFI? Just wondering if the common
> > problem is in ZFS or some other component.
> >
> I just repeated this issue on the desktop computer that is used for my
> weekly builds that get distributed to the other PC's in the house.  In
> order to not contaminate the build with local changes, I blew away my
> /usr/obj and /usr/src.  I cloned the repository and built world with a
> GENERIC kernel.  The problem is on my desktop as well with a fresh clone
> as of a few hours ago.  This desktop uses 2 SSD drives in a zpool
> mirror.  It also uses EFI.  The EFI partition was copied from
> /boot/loader.efi to the /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi file on ada0p1 and ada1p1
> like I do each time before rebuilding my system.  I made sure that the
> zpool was upgraded before cloning as well.

UEFI/ACPI ? UEFI/Device-Tree?

Dennis Clarke's:

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-current/2022-April/001759.html

explicitly showed ACPI for one of his contexts:

Autoloading module: acpi_wmi
AuACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU2 (ACPI ID 3) ignored
ACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU3 (ACPI ID 4) ignored
ACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU4 (ACPI ID 5) ignored
ACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU5 (ACPI ID 6) ignored
ACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU6 (ACPI ID 7) ignored
ACPI: Processor \_PR_.CPU7 (ACPI ID 8) ignored
acpi_wmi0: <ACPI-WMI mapping> on acpi0
acpi_wmi0: cannot find EC device
acpi_wmi0: Embedded MOF found
ACPI: \AMW0.WQMO: 1 arguments were passed to a non-method ACPI object
(Buffer) (20220331/nsarguments-361)
acpi_wmi1: <ACPI-WMI mapping> on acpi0
acpi_wmi1: cannot find EC device

I can not tell about the other context.

His:

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-current/2022-April/001764.html

reports:

My problem machine is definately NVME based storage.

I can not tell about the other context.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com