Re: -CURRENT compilation time

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 09:31:03 UTC
On 09/09/2021 00:04, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:
> devel/ninja/Makefile has USES= python in it, so it maybe require python
> to run or at least build.

You could probably remove that line without anyone noticing.  Ninja uses
Python for precisely one thing (or, at least, did last time I looked):

There is a debugging mode that will generate a visualisation of all of
the dependencies in the project and run a web server that allows you to
view this visualisation in your web browser.

In about 10 years of using Ninja, I have used this functionality
precisely once, and that was immediately after poking the code to find
out why it had a Python dependency, discovering this mode existed, and
looking to see what it did.

Nothing on the build paths depends on Python and Ninja doesn't require
Python to build itself.

David