Re: Future of ident(1)

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:47:18 UTC
Just in case someone thinks this is something useful, I've got a PR filed
against git to implement custom $Id$. There are no technical issues with
the change but Git developers are not very keen on merging it in, since
they see this as an obscure feature, no one needs. :-/ So if anyone wants
to chime in on GitHub or git mailing list please do so.

https://github.com/git/git/pull/1074

Thanks!

-Max