Re: zpool upgrade and bootcode on 13-RELEASE

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd_at_grem.de>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 23:13:44 UTC

> On 20. May 2021, at 00:18, Graham Perrin <grahamperrin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 19/05/2021 18:32, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>
>>> bootcodes needs to be updated! It's unfortunate
>>> that no message is displayed 8-(
>>>
>> That's too bad - maybe it would make sense to mention this in the
>> release errata?
> <https://www.freebsd.org/releases/13.0R/relnotes/#upgrade> there's a red alert box referring to <https://www.freebsd.org/releases/13.0R/relnotes/#boot>

Given that I upgraded the zpool of a server that boots of a legacy boot partition, how would the red alert box saying

   "Updating UEFI ESP partitions (the partition the firmware boots from) has changed. See Boot Loader Changes for important details."

have caught my attention? No UEFI involved at my end, no zpools involved in the warning (I noticed the absence of the warning after running "zpool upgrade", so no harm done, but other users might be less fortunate).

-m