Re: drm-kmod kernel crash fatal trap 12

From: Thomas Laus <lausts_at_acm.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:19:43 UTC
On 6/19/21 2:21 PM, Bakul Shah wrote:

> You may wish to see if Andriy Gapon's method (LOCAL_MODULES_DIR, LOCAL_MODULES)
> works better for you.
>
> I trust Makefile* to do the right thing with META_MODE and CCACHE (and if they
> don't, it is a bug that would need to be fixed) so I personally don't see the
> need to "rm -rf /usr/obj/*".

I have been performing the rm -rf /usr/obj/* procedure almost weekly
since FreeBSD 4.1 and has kept me out of trouble for many years.  The PC
that I use to update Current can build both world and kernel in under an
hour with a clean object directory.  Performing a 'git up ports' and
rebuilding the drm module before building world is not a major time
consumer for me if I remember to do it first.

Thanks for the suggestions on some alternatives to my world building
exercise.

Tom

--
Public Keys: