Re: Fwd: Information for freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:11:02 UTC
The mailing lists are migrating from mailman to Mlmmj.  I
suspect, but haven't verified, that this is the new norm
for the monthly notice about mailing list subscriptions.

I would suggesting reading the mailing list archives,
but needs to guess where the relevent discussion might
be found.  If you got here:

You'll find

   You can *search* or *browse* the mailing list archives.
   At the current time, archives prior to May 2021 are *in
   a separate archive.*

where *search*, *browse* and *in a separate archive.* are
hyperlinks.  This is quite misleading as at least

dev-commits-doc-all/		-	2021-Jul-02 03:27
dev-commits-ports-all/		-	2021-Jul-01 03:27
dev-commits-ports-branches/	-	2021-Jul-04 03:27
dev-commits-ports-main/		-	2021-Jul-01 03:27
dev-commits-src-all/		-	2021-Jul-02 03:27
dev-commits-src-branches/	-	2021-Jul-03 03:27
dev-commits-src-main		-	2021-Jul-03 03:27

are under *in a separate archive*, which clearly shows
messages newer than the May 2021 date are not archived
under *browse*.  There are a few other archives that
violate the statement on the FreeBSD.org.

--
steve

--
Steve