Re: question on socket server

From: Ronald Klop via freebsd-current <freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 10:51:42 UTC
Hi,

Just try it!

I think you will get an error that you are writing to a not-connected socket.
From "man 2 write":
"     [EPIPE]            An attempt is made to write to a socket of type SOCK_STREAM that is not connected to a peer socket."

See also "man 2 send"  and "man 2 socket" for a lot more information.

So it depends a bit on the type of socket you created.

Regards and happy hacking,
Ronald.