Re: When will FreeBSD support RPI5?

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_rabson.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:20:28 UTC
On Thu, 11 Jan 2024 at 01:30, Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> (While I normally use FreeBSD's U-Boot type of context,
> My builds do have patches to allow RPi4B EDK2 use to
> avoid the problems that I know to test for.)

I'm curious how you were able to boot FreeBSD on rpi4 with EDK2 - I tried
with both the FreeBSD package as well as the latest release from github.
FreeBSD-14.0 stalled trying to initialise xhci while FreeBSD-15 gets a
little further but also hangs before reaching single user mode. I'm
wondering if perhaps I should use the dtbs from sysutils/rpi-firmware
rather than the ones from sysutils/edk2@rpi4.