Re: When will FreeBSD support RPI5? [avoid all USB use if using EDK2 to boot]

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 21:45:12 UTC
I'll note that all use of USB (XCHI being involvoed) is subject to massive
data corruptions on the RPi5 when used via the EDK2 as EDK2 now exists.
That includes booting via USB media.

This is not limited to FreeBSD: Linux and Windows 11 too, for example.
No OS is known to operate without such problems.

QUOTE of https://github.com/worproject/rpi5-uefi?tab=readme-ov-file :
In ACPI mode
ACPI support is currently under development and limited to a few devices that have existing driver bindings.
Warning
USB is unreliable and may cause data corruption on all supported OSes. We're currently investigating this issue, see: #3.
END QUOTE

#3 is: https://github.com/worproject/rpi5-uefi/issues/3

EDK2's USB I/O for its own purposes uses polling and seems
to work okay.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com