Re: wireguard, was: kernel: Fatal data abort - issue on rpi4

From: Marek Soudny <soumar_at_soudny.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 09:29:58 UTC
Hello,
>    I don't use wireguard myself, but if a package includes a kernel
> driver you have to be really careful that you keep them in sync.  I run
> into this possibility with video drivers (nvidia, radion, etc) all the time.

I use GENERIC kernel with freebsd-update and quarterly pkg branch, so
everything should be in sync.

Anyway, I can confirm that loading if_wg kernel module does not do
anything wrong, on it's own. Starting the wireguard service does not do
anything wrong either, on it's own. BUT :) As soon as I tried to ping
the wireguard interface from another box, my rpi stopped responding
without stating why (I was tailing
/var/log/{messages,debug.log,daemon.log}) and rebooted itself after (a)
few minutes.

No idea how to debug this, thou. Anyway, I can reproduce it anytime.

BR,
Marek