Re: git: ce348fe5cfc3 - main - amd64 & i386: enable VIMAGE in MINIMAL

From: Kristof Provost <kp_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 19:06:57 UTC
On 3 Feb 2024, at 11:58, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> We just need at least one supported working kernel without VIMAGE (and
> probably other useful stuff, that is not useful to everyone).

Strong agree on this point.

There are enough users out there who do not want VIMAGE (well, at least one, but it’s enough of one to care), so we need to ensure it keeps building. It’s very easy to forget about the non-VIMAGE case, and if we don’t have any kernel configs without we’re going to keep breaking it and not noticing until you run into it.

That was even raised in the GitHub review.

Best regards,
Kristof