Re: FreeBSD 14: Poll armv6 deprecated or removed

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 15:50:35 UTC
On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 at 21:22, Julian H. Stacey <jhs@berklix.com> wrote:

> Extending wordings associated with each Pi dd image, would be very
> welcome, to specificaly list all hardware version of a Pi each image
> of v6, v7, aarch64, the image should boot.
>
> As a newbie to Raspberry Pi (but not FreeBSD) I have long been confused
> which image is for which version of Pi hardware.

The Raspberry Pi model naming convention is indeed confusing. The
armv6 Raspberry Pis are those with the BCM2835 SoC. These are the
original Raspberry Pi (A, B, A+, B+) and the Raspberry Pi Zero
(including W variants, except 2 W). These are all the ones that would
be desupported after FreeBSD 14 in Warner's proposal.

Raspberry Pi 2 uses armv7 images. You can use aarch64 images on 3, 4 and Zero 2.