Re: FreeBSD mips support

From: tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 15:42:39 UTC
On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 08:46:29AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

>All mips. mips64 is in no better shape than mips32 these days.

OK. I understand.

I tried a few years ago to get an edgerouter lite 3 working with
freebsd but failed. I'm using openbsd on it now.

I think it might be all a bit chicken-and-egg wrt mips. There's a
lot of mips64 hardware out there that's still working; the edgerouter is
not especially old. I had to carefully search at the time to discover
whether *any* bsd worked with this hardware *at all*.

ah well. OpenBSD is still BSD ;) and the last time I looked it was fully
supported for this particular octeon mips64 device. (by that I mean
binary upgrades btwn OS versions).
--
J.