Re: git: b551cb063c5e - main - During shutdown, announce each file system as it's unmounted.

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2026 20:16:37 UTC
On Sun, 13 Sep 2026, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>> Is there a reason this needs to be \t indented?
>>
>> ..
>> Syncing disks, vnodes remaining... 0 0 done
>> All buffers synced.
>>         Unmounting 1/2 /
>>         Unmounting 2/2 /dev
>
> In keeping with how our rc script usually behave, I would expect to see:
>
> Unmounting: / /dev.
>
> i.e.: first print "Unmounting:", then iterate over the file systems,
> printing a single space and the mountonname for each of them before
> unmounting it, then print a period and a newline when done.
>
> It is also surprising that / gets unmounted before /dev, but I suspect
> that may be intentional and perhaps even unavoidable.

I am quite happy about the counter m/n to be honest;  once you reboot a
system with lots of file systems that helps.

/bz

-- 
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew
great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall
deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. [Mat. 24:24-25]