Re: Xen-4.16.0 + FreeBSD-13.1 dom0 fails on large ADM64 system

From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow_at_nfbcal.org>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 06:38:45 UTC
	Hello Roger.  In looking into this issue further, it appears that the way python stores
info details for site packages has changed between pythonh3.8 and python3.9.  In python3.8,
info details appear to be stored in files, while in python3.9, theyre stored as files in
directories with the same name.  The issue seems to be that the pkg system on FreeBSD-13.1
doesn't know about this change and thus it cannot build or install the xen-tools package, which
builds site packages for the currently installed version of python.  I think the easiest way to
work around this issue is to use python3.8, instead of python3.9 for the xen-tools package.  Do
you know which variable I need to set in /etc/make.conf to set the default version of python
for the ports build and pkg admin system?  Is there a man page or document I should be reading
to learn the names of the variables I can use in /etc/make.conf to customize the behavior of
the ports system?
-thanks
-Brian