Re: OpenSSL 3.0 for 14.0-RELEASE: issues with 1.x/3.x symbol clashing, ports linking against base OpenSSL, ports that don't compile/link against OpenSSL 3, etc

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2023 20:11:12 UTC
On Fri, 5 May 2023 at 16:03, Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I had a look at the remaining build failures with your changes merged
> in, and I see errors due to deprecation notices in:

For the simple cases where deprecation notices are the only issue we
can just set OPENSSL_API_COMPAT=0x10100000L to specify the API in use
explicitly. We can do this in advance of bringing in OpenSSL 3; it
will just be a NFC at present. I've done this for bhyve just now, with
commit 9c6f3dfda6dd. We can do the same for the other components using
OpenSSL, and can switch each of these to using OpenSSL 3 APIs at some
point after we import OpenSSL 3.