Level of activity

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Wed Apr 27 18:01:16 GMT 2005

Thanks for the information!

I have read about MAC in the manpages, and not really understood what
can be done with it. I loaded a few of the modules into my newly
compiled FreeBSD5.3 kernel and didn't really grasp how it could be used.
There are not much to find on the net. I guess that the tools to make
use of the infrastructure is not yet finished.

What would interest me greatly is some way to get a better audit trail,
and logging of activities on my system. I really like that feature of
Windows NT, whatever else faults it has.

When I worked at Sun I used to try to get some customers interested in
RBAC (Rule Based Access Control) so I could get an excuse to study the
stuff. I look forward to see if FreeBSD later this year might give my
the possibility of similar studies.

Good work is being done, much appreciated.

Take care.

/andreas