HEADS UP: PERFORCE change 8204 for review (fwd)

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at watson.org
Tue Apr 2 08:53:16 GMT 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Robert Watson wrote:

> My current thought on this is that login.conf will not be the long-term
> home of this labeling information.  I know you have done work to
> investigate a seperate MAC database, and I think that's the way to go.
> I've asked Adam Migus, who recently joined the CBOSS Project at NAI Labs,
> to spend some time investigating the prior art and parallel work regarding
> application integration, and the handling of user/label relationships will
> be part of that.
I don't like the idea of ':' delimiter anu way. I saw the square brackets
as compartments separator in UNIX-compatible OS, developed in Russia for
some American customer. It had POSIX.1e ACLs and MAC. The sigle label
representation was as i described: <level>[<compartment>,..]

	TopSecret[USCitizensOnly,NotForExport]

;-)))