cvs checkout

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at ints.ru
Thu Sep 6 19:52:22 GMT 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Robert Watson wrote:

> A new patchset for capabilities should be due out soon, and will actually
> be going to freebsd-arch as well for review with the intent of committing
> it soon (I've been committing supporting components for Capabilities over
> the last week or two, but to make much more progress I need to commit the
> kernel code for them).
Would capabilities be introdused as a feature in 5.0-release or there are
plans to hardly integrate it with the rest of the system? Some programs
need to be rewritten in order to function properly with capabilities
enabled. I tried to start X-server without suid bit with full caps enabled
- it told me that SUID excution is the only way it works. ;-)