cvs checkout

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 6 14:56:50 GMT 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, brenden grace wrote:

> Is there a way that I can grab only the changes/additions you have made
> to the FreeBSD source tree using cvs?

Currently, it is difficult to strictly differentiate FreeBSD code from
TrustedBSD code.  However, as I've indicated in private e-mail and should
probably document more thoroughly, there are certain key files which
contain purely TrustedBSD stuff, and by looking at the code dependencies
of those files, you can extract the TrustedBSD changes relatively easily.
However, it will probably involve a fairly interactive process.

A new patchset for capabilities should be due out soon, and will actually
be going to freebsd-arch as well for review with the intent of committing
it soon (I've been committing supporting components for Capabilities over
the last week or two, but to make much more progress I need to commit the
kernel code for them).

> Also is there an archive anywhere of this mailinglist?

I host an anonymous IMAP archive on cyrus.watson.org in folder
lists.trustedbsd.discuss, but there's also a web archive on
www.securityfocus.com.

robert at fledge.watson.org      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services