Exciting project

Ilmar S. Habibulin ilmar at watson.org
Tue Dec 11 09:11:50 GMT 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Robert Watson wrote:

> them automatically and you can manage the ACLs from NT systems even. Third
> party backup tools such as star already handle ACLs on FreeBSD correctly,
> also.  There's still on-going integration work regarding userland tools
Thomas's tar with -a option works well for system extended attributes. He
have tested it on capabilities, but i managed to use it in old system with
mac labels. So i have tar, which stores and retrieves mac labels on files
and directories. There were some errors(misprints) in the patch, but i've
corrected them and the thing worked. So we can have the first(or second?)
party tool in the base distribution. ;-)